Date Posted: Apr 5, 2019
- City of Hope
- Location: Duarte, CA
- Job Number: 7056805
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2019
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Molecular Medicine. The overarching goal of the research project is to conduct studies in Dr. Michael Kahn’s lab to investigate novel signal transduction pathways and their roles in cancer and metabolic disease.
Key Responsibilities include:
The project will focus on novel signal transduction pathways and their roles in cancer and metabolic disease.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
• A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required;
• Research experience in the fields of immunology and cancer biology;
• A publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals;
• Experience with orthotopic and syngeneic mouse tumor models, FACS and immunohistochemistry is required;
• Ability to design and execute laboratory experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a clear and concise manner.
• For more information about Dr. Kahn's research, please visit: https://www.cityofhope.org/faculty/michael-kahn.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.