Date Posted: Jan 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Concordia University
- Location: Montreal, Canada
- Job Number: 7055481 (Ref #: 6007)
- Posting Date: Jan 23, 2019
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
Research Program Title:
Applications and Services Provisioning in Tactile Internet
This program will focus on the architectural and algorithmic aspects of applications and services provisioning in Tactile Internet (e.g. remote robotic surgery, autonomous driving). The requirements are as follows:
1. Hands-on experience in some of the following areas: Applications / services provisioning; Tactile Internet; 5G slicing; Network softwarization (e.g. SDN/NFV); Cloud/Edge computing; Artificial intelligence.
2. Strong skills in architecture design, implementation and prototyping.
3. Strong skills in algorithm design and implementation.
4. Publications in high impact journals and/or well- known conference proceedings
Academic qualifications required:
PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related discipline
• Applicants must not currently hold a postdoctoral appointment at Concordia
• Priority will be given to postdoctoral fellows who have obtained their PhD from another university although in exceptional cases Concordia graduates may be considered
• Applicants must adhere to the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria outlined in Concordia University’s Postdoctoral Policy
Timeline and Application Process:
The Postdoctoral Fellow must start his/her appointment by December 31, 2019.
• All documents must be submitted to Niyusha Samadi at (Horizon.Postdocs@concordia.ca)
• Please include the reference number with your application
- One to three (1-3) page research statement demonstrating fit with the program described above
- Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (maximum 5 pages).
- Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers to be sent via e-mail directly to: Niyusha Samadi at (Horizon.Postdocs@concordia.ca)