Date Posted: Sep 8, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Recruiting Distinguished Researcher, Distinguished Associate Researcher, and Postdocs from Liu’s Group of Porous Materials for Energy and Environment, School of Material Science and Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
1. Introduction to Sun Yat-sen University
Sun Yat-sen University was established in 1924 by Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the founding father of modern China. After 90-plus years of development, the University has fostered an exceptional learning environment and school spirit, and has laid a solid academic foundation across a wide range of disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, and medical sciences. As of this year, eighteen disciplines at the University rank in the top 1% world’s universities (ESI 2016), tied for second most among universities in China. Today, Sun Yat-sen University has become a top-tier comprehensive research university recognized both at home and abroad.
2. Liu’s Group of Porous Materials for Energy and Environment
Dr. Wei Liu is a full professor and PhD tutor in the School of Material Science and Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University. She works on multi-disciplinary research areas of the colloid and surface/interface science, nanotechnology and electrochemistry, and has expertise in porous materials design, colloid and supermolecular interfacial self-assembly, and electrochemical energy and sensors applications. She has published 22 peer-reviewed papers on Acc. Chem. Res., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Adv. Mater., Environ. Sci. Technol., Chem. Mater., Small, Chem. Commun., Electrochem. Commun., Sensors Actuators B Chem. et al, and has one authorized EU and International patent. She is an independent reviewer for the international journals of J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Small, and Journal ECS.
Research Topics in Liu’s Group:
Design novel metallic, carbon and covalent organic framework porous materials in forms of aerogels, (crystalline) membranes and nanoparticle, and investigate their applications in the following areas:
* Electrocatalysis on the fuel cell cathode and anode reactions
* Carbon dioxide electrochemical reduction
* Waste water treatment and analysis
Distinguished Researcher, Distinguished Associate Researcher and Postdocs to be engaged in full-time research.
* Experience and Training Requirements: Individuals with doctoral degrees in fields of Fuel Cell, Sensors, Environmental Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with experiences of electrocatalysis, fuel cell and other energy conversion and storage devices, electroanalysis, waste water treatment and analysis, sensors, gas chromomography/high performance liquid chromatography, and/or theoretical simulation will be considered with priority.
* Other Basic Requirements: abide by laws of the State and observe rules and regulations of the University; comply with academic norms; pay heed to teamwork; dedicated and responsible; possess the knowledge, capability and accomplishment required by the respective post; and meet either of the following requirements:
* For Distinguished Researcher: lecturer, assistant professor or of equivalent or higher positions at prestigious colleges/universities or research institutes.
* For Distinguished Associate Researcher: excellent doctor or post-doctor at prestigious colleges/universities or research institutes.
* For postdocs: who are about to complete PhD in the near future or the postdoc fellows who completed their PhD within last 3 years.
5. Recruitment process
Application materials required: a) personal academic resume (including education and work experience, research achievements, projects and published papers, and certifications obtained); b) academic and research plan in SYSU; c) photocopies of diplomas and certificates obtained; d) 3 recommendation letters; e) applied position.
Some application forms need be filled and supporting materials should be attached once the applicant is selected as a candidate.
The recruitment information is always valid. The applicant may apply at any time.
6. Salaries and Benefits
Competitive salaries and benefits will be provided to the successful applicants within their respective fields in accordance with the market economy principle.
Remuneration for Distinguished Researcher, Distinguished Associate Researcher and Postdocs ranges from 300,000—360,000 RMB/year, 190,000—250,000 RMB/year, and 120,000—160,000 RMB/year, respectively. Endowment insurance ,medical insurance, unemployment insurance, work-related injury insurance, childbirth insurance and housing accumulation funds will be paid additionally. Additional benefits will also be provided by the Guangdong Province. Moreover, Liu’s Lab will reward its researchers with bonuses for his/her contributions within the employment.
7. Contact Information
Prof. Wei Liu, Email: email@example.com; or Prof. Zhikun Zheng, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org