Date Posted: Mar 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr 30, 2018
- Concordia University
- Location: Montreal, Canada
- Job Number: 7050194
- Posting Date: Mar 2, 2018
- Application Deadline:
Apr 30, 2018
Reference number: 4011
Supervisors: Sandra Chang-Kredl and Vivek Venkatesh
Resilience in online worlds begins with children developing their self-knowledge and sense of empathy (projectsomeone.ca). The postdoc will examine the influence of digital technologies on young children and their play worlds, in order to generate new knowledge on children's identities in online worlds and the role of media literacy in resilience-building. Specifically, the postdoc will: 1) Investigate the processes through which young children’s identities are formed in and influenced by online environments, through conducting qualitative observational research on children’s symbolic play in virtual spaces; 2) Conduct theoretical research on the links between children’s identity construction, virtual play, and practices that build resilience in online communities; and 3) Develop, evaluate and disseminate curriculum strategies for teachers and resource material for parents of young children. The postdoc will contribute a substantive interdisciplinary approach in each of these areas.
Academic qualifications required:
PhD in Early Childhood Education, Child Psychology, Educational Technology, Child Studies or related fields, with experience in qualitative research methodologies, digital technology studies, or early childhood education.
- Applicants must not currently hold a postdoctoral appointment at Concordia
- Priority will be given to postdoctoral fellows who have obtained their PhD from another university although in exceptional cases Concordia graduates may be considered
- Applicants must adhere to the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria outlined in Concordia University’s Postdoctoral Policy
Submission process: all documents must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the reference number with your application
- One to three (1-3) page research statement demonstrating fit with the program described above.
- Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (maximum 5 pages).
- Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers to be sent via e-mail directly to email@example.com
The prestigious Horizon Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $47,500 per year plus benefits and full access to Concordia’s services, including GradProSkills.