Date Posted: Mar 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
An opportunity is available for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Nicholas Lawrence at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center to investigate the development of new anticancer agents against novel targets involved in modulation of oncogenic signaling events. The projects will involve medicinal chemistry, development of structure activity relationships and assessment of activity in a range of functional cellular assays. This is a post-doctoral entry-level position.
• Opportunity to work as part of a focused multi-disciplinary team of chemists, biologists and clinical researchers.
• The Chemistry efforts at the Moffitt Cancer Center are supported by outstanding analytical equipment managed by the Chemical Biology Core. Walk-up access to state of the art NMR, Mass and LC instrumentation.
• Be part of a well-funded laboratory equipped for synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
• Opportunity to work on hit-lead and lead optimization stages of drug discovery in partnership with an industrial partner.
• Work in a vibrant Comprehensive Cancer Center supporting translational research.
• Contribute to the Center’s mission to contribute to the Cure and prevention of cancer.
• The Center actively supports the career development of its postdoctoral researchers.
The Ideal Candidate:
• A background in medicinal or biological chemistry and drug discovery with experience of parallel synthesis and purification methods.
• Some experience in molecular modeling and/or protein-inhibitor visualization.
• You will have a strong desire to use chemistry skills in collaboration with biology.
• Experience in synthetic organic chemistry is essential. A strong desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment is essential.
• To prepare, purify and characterize organic compounds.
• To solve problems by effective literature review.
• To prepare monthly reports to support publications and patent submissions.
• To present progress in team meetings
• To creatively input into the design and optimization of drug-like properties.
• To work effectively as part of team, supporting the training and supervision of other group members.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. or M.D. - in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should apply to Req 26040 as well as send a CV, cover letter and a short summary of research accomplishments to Dr. Nicholas Lawrence c/o Laurie.Burns@moffitt.org.
Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer...
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace