Date Posted: Mar 1, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow – Synthetic Organic Chemistry
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
An opportunity is available for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Justin M. Lopchuk (www.lopchuklab.com) at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center to develop novel synthetic organic methodologies, synthesize complex natural products, and engage in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery opportunities. This is a post-doctoral entry-level position.
• Our lab engages in a variety of projects including the development of novel methods for C–C, C–N, and C–S bond formation, the total synthesis of bioactive natural products, and fragment-based drug discovery.
• The Chemistry efforts at the Moffitt Cancer Center are supported by outstanding analytical equipment managed by the Chemical Biology Core. Walk-up access to state of the art NMR, Mass and LC instrumentation.
• Opportunity to work as part of a focused multi-disciplinary team of chemists, biologists and clinical researchers.
• Work in a vibrant Comprehensive Cancer Center supporting translational research.
• Contribute to the Center's mission to contribute to the Cure and prevention of cancer.
• The Center actively supports the career development of its postdoctoral researchers.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must have a Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry by their start date.
• Will have extensive experience in small molecule synthetic organic chemistry (methodology, total synthesis and/or medicinal chemistry).
• A demonstrated track record of independent research through peer-reviewed publications.
• The desire to work in a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative environment.
• To prepare, purify and characterize organic compounds.
• To solve problems by effective literature review.
• To prepare monthly reports to support publications and patent submissions.
• To present progress in team meetings.
• To creatively contribute to the development of new synthetic methodologies and the synthesis of target molecules.
• To work effectively as part of a team, supporting the training and supervision of other group members.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. For further information on our laboratory and research program, please visit - www.lopchuklab.com. Interested candidates should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter describing his/her research interests and career goals, current CV, a summary of research accomplishments (4 pages maximum), and the names of 3 references to Dr. Justin M. Lopchuk: email@example.com.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace