Date Posted: Mar 1, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
A post-doctoral position is available in the lab of Dr. Jiandong Chen at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center to study the structures, regulation, and therapeutic targeting of p53, MDM2 and MDMX proteins. The research interest of the lab is in investigating signaling mechanisms that activate p53 in response to stress and develop novel strategies for therapeutic targeting of wild type and mutant p53 in cancer treatment. Link to publications from Dr. Chen’s lab: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/jiandong.chen.2/bibliograpahy/41158381/public/?sort=date&direction=ascending
• A highly supportive and friendly lab environment.
• Opportunity to collaborate with chemists and structural biologists.
• Opportunity to gain experience in both basic mechanism study and drug discovery.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experience with signal transduction, drug discovery, structural biology will be desirable.
• Familiar with routine cell culture and molecular biology techniques
• Develop and improve assays for high throughput drug screen.
• Functional analysis of compounds from drug screen and chemical modification.
• Mechanistic studies of p53 pathway signaling mechanisms using cellular and animal models.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Recent Ph.D. graduate with a strong background in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology; or M.D.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum) and contact information for three references to Dr.Jiandong Chen at email@example.com
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace