Date Posted: Feb 28, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
The laboratory of Dr. Amer Beg focuses on the discovery and development of novel approaches to enhance anti-tumor immunotherapy response, including identification of promising agents using high-throughput approaches, cell-based therapies, and the discovery of biomarkers of response and resistance in ongoing clinical trials. The Beg laboratory is funded by grants from the National Cancer Institute and Dept. of Defense.
To learn more about Dr. Beg - https://www.moffitt.org/research-science/researchers/amer-beg/
• Individuals in this position will participate in ongoing laboratory and clinical studies to define mechanisms and impact of epigenetic agents on immunotherapy response. Studies will include in-depth mechanistic approaches to define underlying molecular mechanisms, as well as studies in mouse models of lung cancer and patient clinical samples.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Will have a strong background in immunology and familiarity with basic immunological assays such as flow cytometry.
• Preference will be given to those who have recently graduated with a Ph.D. degree.
• Individuals in this position are expected to work under minimal supervision and who are capable of independently designing and executing experimental work.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. or M.D. in Immunology or related field.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive. Review of applications will begin immediately. Please be sure to include your CV with your recent publication(s) and list of 3 references with contact information.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace