Date Posted: Feb 21, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Steadman Philippon Research Institute is known throughout the world for our research into the causes, prevention and treatment of orthopaedic disorders. We are committed to solving orthopaedic problems that limit an individual's ability to maintain an active life. Our perspective is based on clinical relevance, with a goal of improving the care of the patient. Recognizing that the body's innate healing powers can be harnessed and manipulated to improve the healing process has led to exciting advances in surgical techniques.
Building on our legacy of excellence in orthopaedic sports medicine, SPRI is unlocking the secrets of healing, finding cures and enhancing lives through global leadership in regenerative medicine, scientific research, innovation and education.
Postdoctoral Fellowship | Center for Regenerative Sports Medicine (CRSM) | Vail, Colorado, USA
Center for Regenerative Sports Medicine
Steadman Philippon Research Institute
Vail, Colorado, USA
DISCIPLINE: Stem Cells, Anti-aging, Orthobiologics, Tissue Engineering, Musculoskeletal research and repair, Technology development and Clinical translation.
The Center for Regenerative Sports Medicine department at the world-renowned Steadman Philippon Research Institute, designated as US Olympic National Medical Center is seeking an energetic molecular biologist /biomedical engineer to join the highly productive and dedicated team of Dr. Johnny Huard’s laboratory in Vail, CO, USA.
This is a permanent, full-time, exempt position with benefits.
JOB START DATE
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Take a lead role in ongoing research projects and develop novel research ideas aligned with the broad goals of our laboratory and collaborators.
• Development of research proposals and participation in grant writing and submissions
• Travel to national and international meetings for research presentations and networking with experts in the field
• Academic publishing in top peer-reviewed journals
• Travel to Houston, TX and/or Fort Collins, CO to conduct invivo/animal experiments
• Generation of intellectual property: Work with SPRI's Innovation staff to protect any design, method, title etc. created/resulted from research work for potential patent, copyright, trademark, etc.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• The applicant must preferably be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, but foreign nationals are also encouraged to apply. The applicant must be PhD graduate and/or MD, PhD with prior experience in cell culture/cell biology/ cell signaling, biochemistry, strong molecular biology background (DNA/RNA/Protein analysis by PCR, quantitative real-time PCR, Southern/Northern/Western blotting; basic cloning, viral vectors, etc). Flowcytometry, Immunohistochemistry and serum/plasma/PRP/BMAC growth factor analysis, etc.). Familiarity with bioinformatics and large dataset analysis is a plus. A willingness to work with mice/rats/rabbits is a prerequisite for this position. Willing to travel to conduct animal experiments, perform other related duties as assigned, efficiently and independently.
• The successful candidate will have research training specifically designed to promote a research career addressing problems in musculoskeletal tissues, aging and sports medicine and provide opportunities to enhance the trainees’ research training with a clinical perspective. The successful candidate is expected to generate high impact publications, which should provide the postdoctoral fellows with an excellent opportunity for further career development.
• Must be adaptable to unexpected changes and possess strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and technical writing skills.
• Self-starter with willingness to make decisions independently and solve problems creatively within job scope.
• Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously while working under stressful conditions with tight deadlines.
• Must have strong work ethic and attention to detail, willing to learn and work with others in a team and collaborative environment consisting of biomedical scientists & engineers, surgeons and other staff.
• Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise good professional judgment.
• Works effectively with patients, researchers, clinicians, and support staff of varying backgrounds.
• Translate the organization's vision and values into day-to-day activities, behaviors, and decisions.
• Ability to represent SPRI in a mature and professional manner.
Qualified applicants should submit the following by email to: email@example.com
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Names and contact details of three references
3. Cover letter summarizing current and future research interests
Following our internal selection process, only qualified applicants will be contacted for a phone interview. The application process and all associated communications will remain confidential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.