Date Posted: Feb 16, 2018
Application Deadline: Mar 21, 2018
- Orton Ceramic Foundation
- Location: Columbus (Westerville), OH
- Job Number: 7050019
- Posting Date: Feb 16, 2018
- Application Deadline:
Mar 21, 2018
Orton Ceramic Foundation Post-Doctoral positions are for Ph.D. applicants to gain industrial and additional research experience as part of a team of researchers and technicians providing processing measurement and control products, instruments, and testing services for the ceramics industry. Experience with ceramic materials processing, properties and testing with PhD in materials science or related area. The Ph.D. must have been conferred prior to start date and within five years prior to employment. These assignments are for a one-year period with the option, at management’s discretion and based on performance, to serve no more than five additional one-year assignments.
We are seeking two post-doctoral candidates in one or more of the areas of:
• Testing and measurement of properties of coatings, films, thin layers and composites.
• Measurement of ionic conductivity, permeability & catalytic activity.
• Testing & measurement of the properties of materials and components for fuel cells and related areas, such as
engines, solar cells and batteries.
• Processing of material for fuel cells, solar cells and sensor development.
• Testing and measurement of properties of glass, and glass processing.
Applicants are requested to identify the area for which they wish to be considered.
In addition, to demonstrate excellence in research, successful candidates must be able to report and communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral form.
About the Orton Ceramic Foundation:
The Edward Orton Jr. Ceramic Foundation was formed in 1932 with the primary purpose to provide products to assist and enhance the processing of ceramics and other materials, including glasses. The secondary purpose of the Orton Ceramic Foundation is to support investigations and studies that will aid in the processing of materials for its customers. The Foundation has three distinct areas of products and services:
• Pyrometric monitoring devices for thermal processing.
• Thermal analytical Instruments for measuring thermal properties.
• Material testing services to measure material properties.
Orton provides its products and services to more than 70 countries worldwide.
Orton offers a collegial staff of researchers and technicians, experienced in building high temperature test instruments and testing materials. Orton offers a high quality of life and benefits including medical insurance and vacation time.
Learn more about Orton at: http://www.orton ceramic.com
Applications should submit an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should include an application letter, CV including a publication list, and contact information for three references. Applicants should include their qualifications for this position and their research interests, and identify the area for which they wish to be considered.