Date Posted: Feb 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- 4Dx Limited
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7049827
- Posting Date: Feb 2, 2018
- Application Deadline:
Open Until Filled
4Dx is a Series A med tech startup, currently headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with a Westlake Village office in California (40 miles west of Los Angeles) where the Founder / CEO, Vice President of Sales & Marketing and go-to-market teams reside. It’s a strong mission-driven company inspired to improve global health and an unrivaled leader in the race to deliver world-changing medical technology breakthroughs. Their first-of-its-kind technology captures lung function in four dimensions, which provides unprecedented levels of detail for diagnosing at the earliest stages of disease and for quantitative monitoring of chronic respiratory conditions.
Similar to most early stage startups with less than 30 employees, at 4Dx, employees are attracted by the opportunity to wear multiple hats and flex to take on different responsibilities based on the needs of the business. They’re seeking someone with the academic and functional experience to span three critically important roles: staff scientist, medical liaison and grant writer.
A core component of this role is being a grant writer, focused on identifying, leading and preparing grant applications to fund cutting-edge clinical research studies for debilitating respiratory diseases. This person will work in close collaboration with 4Dx’s CEO on the ideation, strategy and target funders for the grants, which include: the largest public and philanthropic health research funding organizations in the world; university, specific advocacy, corporate, and global charitable foundations; and government research councils. In addition, s/he will work with the CEO to select from among the most prestigious medical research hospitals and pharmaceutical companies to engage as collaboration partners for the grants.
The scope of this role also includes project managing existing clinical research studies and implementing new ones, functioning as 4Dx’s staff scientist and medical liaison to their collaboration partners. This includes working with the partners' research teams and managing day-to-day technical communications around the studies; s/he will bring the scientific discourse and analytical skill-set to talk through technical issues and research protocols with the collaborators, 4Dx’s executives and Research team, the latter as part of the company’s Research & Development group based in Melbourne.
Lastly, this person, together with the CEO, Head of Research and collaborators, will publish research papers as well as present research findings at conferences and other industry events.
This high-impact and very critical role requires being flexible to work across US and Australian time zones, and eventually, to travel domestically to meet on-site with collaborators.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
• Advanced degree (MD or PhD in biology or similar)
• 5-10 years, post advanced academic degrees, of directly related experience, including leading, managing and writing grants and publishing and presenting research findings
• Proven track record of winning six figure grants for bio or med tech corporations, universities, medical centers, research foundations or research institutes
• Ability to create and present research papers at key academic and industry events
• Excellent communication, presentation, project and time management skills
• A purpose-driven mindset and attitude that embraces change and continuous improvement
• Impeccable integrity, holding self to the highest standards of excellence
• Sincere passion for the company’s mission to improve global health
• Willingness to travel over time in the role
• A relocation bonus will be provided for a non-local candidate hired into the role