Date Posted: Jan 24, 2018
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
One fully funded post-doctoral position is available to study molecular cross-talk between bone metastatic cancer cells and the surrounding bone microenvironment. Our group also focuses heavily on translational research and the use of integrated mathematical models to study the temporal multi-cellular dynamics of tumor-bone interaction. For more information, visit:
• Projects include assessment of novel small molecule inhibitors on the progression of bone metastatic cancer, multiple myeloma and osteosarcoma as well as mechanistic studies of the tumor bone/immune microenvironment.
• Opportunities exist to be involved in mathematical/computational modeling of prostate cancer progression and the application of adaptive therapy to prevent resistance.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Highly motivated and independent
• Willing to learn new techniques/protocols
• Have good communication/written skills
• Willing to write fellowship applications/manuscripts
• Should be able to work in an interdisciplinary team environment
• Must be familiar with routine cell culture, protein and DNA techniques as evidenced by publications.
• Has in vivo and histology experience.
• Develop and execute research ideas
• Assist in grant/manuscript writing
• Training of other personnel
• Accurate record keeping
• Present research in informal meetings and at local/national/international conferences.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. or M.D. required in Biology/Cellular and molecular biology/Developmental Biology/Immunology.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace