Date Posted: Jan 11, 2018
Post Doc Fellow – Structural Biology and Drug Discovery
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
The Schonbrunn lab studies the structure-function relationship of medicinally relevant proteins along with the discovery and development of novel small molecule inhibitors as therapeutics.
We are involved in multiple projects working in team with medicinal chemists, biologists and clinicians on the targeting of proteins involved in cell signaling and epigenetic events. For an overview of our research approach and current projects please visit our web site at labpages2.moffitt.org/schonbrunn/.
• We seek highly motivated postdoctoral researchers to work on inter-disciplinary projects towards the characterization and inhibitor development of diverse kinases and bromodomain-containing proteins.
• The position provides exciting opportunities for biochemical, structural and cell-based studies of various drug-target interactions and rational drug design.
The Ideal Candidate:
• The ideal candidate has a Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or related field and expertise in protein crystallography and biochemistry as demonstrated by publications in internationally recognized scientific journals.
• Additional experience in cell biology is preferred.
• Candidates must be enthusiastic and dedicated to science with excellent organizational skills and effective at working independently, while also collaborating and assisting the team in its collective research goals.
• Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or related field
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum) and contact information for three references to Dr. Ernst Schonbrunn at Ernst.Schonbrunn@moffitt.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace