Date Posted: Jan 11, 2018
Application Deadline: Feb 23, 2018
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Florian Karreth at the Moffitt Cancer Center. Work in the Karreth lab focuses on understanding the molecular determinants that govern the pathobiology of cancers driven by the MAP kinase pathway, with an emphasis on melanoma. We combine innovative mouse modeling strategies with various biochemistry and molecular biology techniques to characterize the interaction of non-coding RNAs and oncogenic signaling in tumor initiation, progression, metastasis, and drug resistance. Our goal is to identify cancer cell-specific vulnerabilities that can be harnessed to devise novel therapeutic interventions and precision medicine strategies.
Using a forward genetics approach in vivo, we have identified numerous putative melanoma tumor suppressors. The project will examine the function of these candidate genes in vitro and in vivo, identify vulnerabilities based on the tumor suppressor function, and devise genetic and pharmacological therapeutic strategies. To learn more about the research in the Karreth lab visit our lab website at http://labpages2.moffitt.org/karreth.
• Postdoctoral position in Cancer Biology
• Innovative mouse modeling
• Melanoma progression and drug resistance
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experience in mouse modeling, cell signaling, cancer biology and/or molecular biology
• Strong publication track record
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• PhD and/or MD degree obtained no more than two years ago
• Highly collaborative individual with the ability to independently design, perform, and interpret experiments
• Design, perform, and interpret experiments
• Keep impeccable records
• Present data at lab meeting and institutional seminar series
• Assist in manuscript and grant writing
• Supervise graduate and undergraduate students in the laboratory setting
Credentials and Qualifications:
• PhD or MD in a biomedical discipline
Interested applicants should email a letter describing their interest and previous experience as well as a CV including the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is the only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center based in the state of Florida and is ranked 9th among cancer hospital in the USA. The outstanding research environment includes a new dedicated research building, state-of-the-art core facilities (e.g. Molecular Genomics, Flow Cytometry, Proteomics, Microscopy, Transgenic), a modern vivarium, and access to clinical material. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace